Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Just who's religion is it anyway?

Two events today:

First, I used to participate in an online discussion about Episcopalian issues, I left because....well, I'm not, and I got too busy to continue in arguments with people. However, Victoria continues to be part of that group and so I occasionally see what is going on there. There is one person there that seems to believe that most of the problems of the world start, grow and continue because of the existence of the United States....and she was born here. So be it. She was the one I had most arguments with, and she is on a tear recently about...welll, we are bad people, but primarily because of "fascist Christians".

Second, someone on the same group found a report that outlined serious issues of separation of church and state at the AirForce Academy. You must understand, that when I was in the Air Force, I had the opportunity to be at the Academy on several occasions and I hold that institution in very high esteem. The report seriously upset Victoria because of what it bodes for us. Our daughter has suggested that she would like to fly jets and would be willing to serve to get the opportunity. The Academy is obviously a first choice. I too am upset by some of the items brought up because first and foremost, my time in the service was about SERVICE TO MY COUNTRY. Not my god. We might have suggested that the civilians that gave us our orders were sometimes stupid, but you can believe that the vast majority (90+%) were absolutely committed to civilian, secular rule. For an honorable institution like the Academy to abandon SERVICE TO COUNTRY to embrace SERVICE TO GOD is to descreate everything it stands for. To those officers charged with leading the Academy, here is my pledge, I shall stand against you as long as you forget your oath.

So, my problem. I have suggested that Moslems need to stand up and out those that would destroy Islam and innocents. I am now calling on Christians to do the same with members of their own religion intent on destroying the United States.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS AND FANATICAL MOSLEMS. You seek to force society to bend to the strictures of your religion. Those Christians that proclaim the religious right is out of hand better understand that those people are your brothers and sisters in Christ.

The writer of the article complained that "God and Country" are the most obscene words in our language, I would suggest that "In God's Name" are worse.

UPDATE - 7/19

I don't like to post information found elsewhere, but to make a point:

from a Christian adoption agency in Mississippi...

"It has been our understanding that Catholicism does not agree with our statement of faith," Bethany state director Karen Stewart wrote. "Our practice to not accept applications from Catholics was an effort to be good stewards of an adoptive applicant's time, money and emotional energy."


Can you say Sunni and Shi'ite?

I equated Evangelical Christians with Moslem fanatics, I want to be more precise:

Evangelical Christians are EXACTLY the same as Wahhabis in Islam.

Clear? Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home